What better way to start the day than with an arguably healthy coffee smoothie, with no added sugar or milk? I use dates to sweeten this recipe, and throw a small handful of spinach in the mix, just to kick in some extra nutrition.
Here we go:
- 1 cup pure almond milk (2 ingredients: almond, and water)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp maca
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom (or one small shake :)
- 5 leaves spinach (just for kicks)
- 12oz strong black coffee, chilled. (can brew fresh, pour into mason jar with ice, cover, and shake in order to chill)
- 1/2 cup ice
- Put all ingredients in vita-mix or other high power blender.
- Make sure the coffee is chilled! If it is hot or warm, you may end up with room temp coffee smoothie!
- Blend until smoother than you think you need it. In a newer Vitamix model, I like to use the Smoothie Setting. In a blender without this feature, make sure to blend about 30sec - 1 min longer than it seems like you need to.
- Pour into delightful cups and enjoy with a loved one. Or enjoy one cup now, and refrigerate 2nd serving for tmrw!