Do you have 15 minutes and a potluck to attend? This might just be the recipe for you. We brought back some ricotta goat cheese from a recent trip to Mexico and its flavor is a perfect match for the fresh farmer's market greens used for this dip. The whole recipe takes about 30 minutes, 12 of which are used for baking. So take 15 minutes to make the dip, wrap it up and show off to your friends by baking in their oven and serving it up warm. Delicious with chips, baguette or even potato wedges!
Ricotta Spinach Dip
- 10oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 handful (or one cup) baby spinach
- 2 leaves Kale, stemmed and chopped
- 5 small mushrooms, diced real small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4tsp Chipotle powder (optional)
- 1/4tsp dried thyme (optional)
- bag of chips, baguette or crackers
1. Preheat oven to 425 (if you are baking at home). Set large sauce pan over medium heat on your stove.
2. Add minced olive oil and minced garlic to pan, stir for about 1 minute.
3. Add mushrooms to pan, stir until they are darker in color and soft. Mix in thyme.
4. Add spinach and kale. Stir well to coat with oil. Add salt and continue to stir.
5. Sauté all ingredients together until the spinach is nice and wilted. Sprinkle in chipotle powder when greens are about half way done. Add a generous amount of pepper to taste, and more salt if/as necessary.
6. Once your sauté is finished, remove from heat. Add ricotta to a bowl and with a wooden spoon or spatula mash until nice and soft. Add your greens saute and mix thoroughly until well distributed throughout ricotta.
7. Turn your mixture into a ramekin and sprinkle just a dash more chipotle (or paprika) on top for garnish.
8. Place ramekin of goodness in pre-heated oven and cook until golden on top, about 13 minutes.
9. Serve with chips! or crackers, or bread...